Thursday, March 6, 2008

Yes, No, Not Now

It looks like the answer to our prayers is" not now". Over forty hours later I still feel as though I am in shock. I can only imagine how Governor Huckabee must feel. What a journey this has been. To go from a virtual unknown candidate that polled as an asterisk to one of the top two. What a testimony to the person Governor Huckabee is, and the way he ran his campaign. Thank you Governor Huckabee! What an honor and a privilege it was to be a small part of it. He has forever changed the political landscape. The so-called experts are still trying to figure it out. They never will.



What happened? We all know that the Huckabee campaign was the most under funded and understaffed in the history of Presidential campaigns. What the campaign lacked in money they made up for with message. What they lacked in paid staff, they made up for that as well ,with an a super-staff where each person did the work of at least five people and an army of volunteers that nobody paid to love Governor Huckabee. What was difficult to overcome were the constant lies and distortions by the media and talk radio. The Fred factor in South Carolina handed a win to McCain. The rumor that was purported by Sean Hannity and FNC hurt us in Florida. I have never seen such an abuse of power in my life. To say that Governor Huckabee had "pulled out" of Florida ,when he was campaigning there almost every day. I feel sick to my stomach when I think about this. Who could forget the "two-man race" falsehood? After Super Tuesday, voters were continually bombarded with the "mathematically impossibe to win" falsehood. I don't think it is possible for all of the media outlets to be quite that ignorant. Despite all of this, people still continued to vote for Huckabee. Just think what would have happened if the people would have just been allowed to vote without the interference from those in power. The media elites, GOP elites, and so-called Christian leaders did the American people a great disservice in this election.

What's next? We can pray that there is some sort of upset within the next six months. I am sure that Senator McCain cannot defeat either Senator Clinton or Senator Obama. A few things make me believe this. The Democrats are very motivated to win back control of the White House. I think this has been demonstrated by the high turnout during the primary process. In order to win an election the base of the party must be energized. Senator McCain doesn't motivate us values voters. We will have a hard enough time simply voting for him. We will certainly not do the hard work required to get him elected. Historically, when a moderate-liberal Republican goes up against a Democrat, the Democrat wins. Unfortunately we are living in a time where the stakes are very high.

So we look to 2012. I hope and pray Governor Huckabee will make another bid for the White House. Our nation so desparately needs the type of leadership he would provide. I know he will help restore some of our nation's greatness. Actually, he already has. I know that hearts were changed by Governor Huckabee's contribution to the political process. I know we have a long way to go as a country. Despite all the things that went on during this political season, I can't help but believe that we are on the precipice of a dramatic change within the GOP and more importantly our nation.

In the meantime, we should get involved in the furthering of pro-life, pro-family, conservative policies. We need to help elect people who believe in the sanctity of human life, tradtional marriage, less government, the Fair Tax, and other conservative causes. If there isn't anyone running that share these values and are willing to fight for them, then we need to get off the sidelines and get involved and run ourselves. We must reclaim our culture! I have drawn a line in the sand, I will never again, vote for the lesser of two evils. I will never again sacrifice my principles for anyone's politics. I am a Huckabee Republican.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never was really on the Huckabee bandwagon. I may have been on the Hunter or Thompson wagons. I guess its because I was not sure enough that he would vote the way I would like. I voted for him in TX because, really, who wants mccain? I wish I had heard more about him earlier but we all know that things get all mixed up in the political process. Its obvious that mccain only won because the conservatives (and others) split the vote. He would have crumbled going one-to-one against any of the candidates.
I want to say thanks for all your hard work, those on this site and those who read it.

Anonymous said...

I thank you so much for your support to Gov. Huckabee.
I believe Gov. Huckabee is a man of
great integrity. I hope he will run
again. Our country needs him.

Anonymous said...

Dear Shannon,

We are still a free people and can vote for whomever we wish. The web is as yet unregulated. This makes it possible for the people to overcome the corruption of our media and political party tactics (Thompson).

I've decided to lend my support to: http://onlyhuckabee.com/ and see where it goes. I hope you will consider doing the same.

If Hillary manages to steal the nomination from Obama there will be alot of angry black voters who may be appealed to. They may finally wake up to the fact that they have been used by the Democrats for decades as the social conservatives have been used by Republicans. Voting our consciences may be good too.

OKforHuckabee said...

Well written. I enjoyed reading this post.