Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Huckabee in Council Bluffs

If you are reading this blog, and have not committed to giving to the Mike Huckabee campaign, please, I urge you to do so. Tomorrow, December 27, there is a grassroots effort to raise $1 million for the Huckabee campaign. Please refer to this website for more information: http://dec27th.hucksarmy.com/

On Saturday, my family and I went to Council Bluffs, Iowa, to see Mike Huckabee speak. This was the fourth time I have seen him, and he was terrific as usual. There was a good turnout for the event. Afterward, my daughter Mariah, who turned 10 the previous day, went up to get Governor Huckabee's autograph. She brought up a book about presidents she received for her birthday. The inside front cover listed the first 22 presidents, and the inside back cover listed numbers 23-43. There was a spot for the 44th president, which a question mark over the face. She had Mike sign the book next to that space. It got such a reaction from the crowd and the press. In fact, there is a picture of her getting her book signed on the web. Here's a link to a story about his stop in Council Bluffs, with her picture: http://www.omaha.com/index.php?u_page=2835&u_sid=10215818.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too had the chance to meet Gov. Huckabee. I believe he is the real deal!